Thursday, June 3, 2021

May...and June!

   Well, I just realized I never got this posted! I blame the month of "May-cember" LOL. Lots going on!! I changed our themes for May, We had a few setbacks in April (Mostly unexpected sickness that spread through multiple people in our family- twice :'(), Luckily we are all better now! It's all about being flexible! We  continued our gardening theme and it actually worked out perfectly since we had just begun to help my parents with their planting and gardening and did some of our own flower planting too! But first...


                                                             Mother's Day!
                                               Value/Topic: Love, Belonging, Family...

                            
Since I'm super late posting I hope everyone had an enjoyable Mother's Day whatever your situation or circumstance! Know that you are enough and that you are valued. Mothers and Women with Mother hearts are VITAL and fill such an important role for children across the world. 



Gardening (continued)
Value/Topic: Nature, Caring, Responsibility, Hard work, Relaxation, Contribution...

Gardening provides many opportunities for learning. Gardening teaches care, responsibility, hard work, team work, contribution, fulfillment and so much more! I love having my kids involved in helping my parents with their garden and I hope it is a help to them! We reap the benefits all Summer long and into early Fall, which is why we will also have this be one of our focuses this Summer. 


Summer Fun & Safety
Value/Topic: Staying Safe, Seasons, Making Good choices ...


We've already been working on safety since we've been spending much more time outside the past few weeks. One big safety rule we are practicing is looking both ways and then back again before crossing the street. This is a good time to go over, review, and practice your family's specific safety rules since there will be a lot more time spent outside in the coming months. Children are curious and at this age love to practice their independence as well, so safety is key while they are out there exploring!



Water Fun and Safety
Value/Topic: Water Safety, Fun, Following Rules...


Summer is all about water fun! We're going to review safety rules when around large and/or fast moving bodies of water since we like to go camping and exploring. We are also going to take swimming lessons this Summer (especially since we haven't done this the past few years, and it will be my preschooler's first time!) and of course we plan on having lots and lots of fun with water!


Check out my Instagram account for more specific activities, ideas, and tips! 
<@easyathomelearning>

Thanks so much for stopping by! Happy Learning!




No comments:

Post a Comment