Friday, September 27, 2013

Easy Light Table!

DIY project!


I just made lil' miss and mr. j a light table! 
I had seen them several years ago when I was going to school and then more recently on pinterest. 
Total cost of project was around $20!

rope light: Target $10.
(it was in their seasonal clearance section)

under-the-bed box: Walmart $9


large shapes: Target (school clearance) $1.50
(I cut the shapes out of see-through colored pocket folders that were $1.50-it was a cinch-I can't take credit for that idea though!)



Small translucent plastic circles: Deseret Industries $.50
(We had already scored a Dora Bingo game from DI and I was loving the little circles that are used as the markers in the bingo game: largely the reason that I got a bee in my bonnet to make a light table!)

The kids are loving the light table and it really gets them thinking, mixing colored circles to create new colors, making pictures out of the shapes, and just enjoying the luminescent play.

This can definitely be set out as an invitation to play and is a wonderful sensory activity.



No comments:

Post a Comment